Monday, October 8, 2012

Vertical Stripe Scarf

Recently I realized that even though I have been crocheting since the beginning of this year, I had yet to make something for myself. Back in March I'd gotten some yarn from a local yarn shop intending to make a scarf for myself, and since it's already gotten below 32 degrees multiple nights, I decided to finally make it.


I decided to do something different and work this scarf lengthwise. Definitely a good decision, because I am very happy with the result.

The yarn I used was a lighter weight (about a 3) but I still used an I size crochet hook. To start the scarf I chained somewhere in the ballpark 200 stitches, although that could be easily adjusted. Next I turned and double crocheted one stitch per chain all the way across. This process is repeated for a total of 12 rows. Rows 1, 2, 11, and 12 are dark green (the foundation chain row does not count as row 1). Rows 3, 4, 9, and 10 are orange. Rows 5-8 are pale green.


To make a tassel I cut three strands of the yarn (approximately 10 inches each), folded them in half, and knotted them through the outermost stitch on the end of the scarf. I used one tassel per row on each end of the scarf.


I actually have a decent amount of yarn left from this project so hopefully after I learn a friend's basic beanie pattern I can make a matching hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...