Thursday, October 18, 2012

Neon Green Beanie

As eluded to in an earlier post, I was working with a friend's basic beanie pattern, and I've finished!


Yay! I did modify his pattern a little due to the fact that I crochet tighter than he does. I looked a lot of places for a beanie pattern that I liked but didn't find any, so here is my friend's pattern with my edits.

Materials:
1 skein 4 weight yarn (you won't use the whole thing)
size I crochet hook
stitch marker
yarn needle

Directions:

Mark your last stitch in a each round with stitch marker, this pattern is worked continuously so don't join your rounds!

Rnd 1: 10 sc in magic ring (very helpful tutorial here! http://www.planetjune.com/blog/tutorials/magic-ring-right-handed/) (10)
Rnd 2: 1 dc in each sc (10)
Rnd 3: 2 dc in each dc (20)
Rnd 4: *1 dc in dc, 2 dc in next dc* repeat (30)
Rnd 5: *1 dc in next 2 dc, 2 dc in next dc* repeat (40)
Rnd 6: *1 dc in next 3 dc, 2 dc in next dc* repeat (50)
Rnd 7: *1 dc in next 4 dc, 2 dc in next dc* repeat (60)
Rnd 8 until end: 1 dc in each dc around (60)

Continue the hat until it reaches the length that fits your head!

IMPORTANT: When you reach the last four stitches of your last round. 1 dc in next 2 dc, 1 hdc in next 2 dc, 1 sc in next 2 dc, slip stitch in last dc. Fasten off and weave in loose ends.

Congrats! You finished! :)


In the very near future this hat may receive ears and spikes and become a dragon hat. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...