Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Camo Scarf

I'd just like to start this blog post off by saying this is easily the ugliest thing I have ever crocheted. However, there's an interesting story behind it:

When I first started to crochet I was at Hobby Lobby shopping for yarn with my boyfriend. He's in airsoft so when he found this camo yarn he insisted that I make him a scarf from it. 


It took me awhile to tackle this project because I knew that working with a yarn this fuzzy was going to be difficult. Turns out I was right and that it is essentially impossible to see the stitches and so there was a lot of guess work in the beginning of the scarf...


Hence why the end is so flaired. About halfway into the first skein of yarn I realized that two was not going to be enough for a decently long scarf, so it was back to Hobby Lobby. Unfortunately in the time between me buying the yarn and starting the scarf, Hobby Lobby had discontinued the style of yarn! In order to try to avoid a crisis, I went with the most similar yarn I could find. 


Essentially the only thing the yarns had in common was the color. Rather than give up I just finished the scarf.


Only one of the ends is accidentally messed up; I tried to make the other end look similar. It's not as easy as it looks. Either way though it's finished and he likes it so that's all that matters!

Also, a special thanks to my boyfriend for his photography for this post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...